Saturday 1 September 2018

What change do you want in the next 10 years?

Malaysia's independence day makes me wonder when can I achieve my independence?

As a typical Asian, I have been brain washed that my life plan should be to complete my degree, get a job, get married then live happily ever after. While I was in the cross road of deciding what degree to pursue at the age of 19, I accidentally found out that if I were to further my studies, my single parent mother would need to mortgage our home, the place I grew up in.

I decided to not further my studies and involved myself in a part time business, I was doing well at the start until I started losing my direction because of the 3 major things happened in my life at this time.

First, my younger sister called me a hypocrite, materialistic person whom loves money for not obeying my mother's decision to further my studies.

Second, My mother chased me out of my house for pursuing a business that is not her choice because her friend and the internet, yes the internet told her the business is no good. I had no official job experience, no degree, no friends, no family, no home to stay and no money. I stayed in a place without electricity for 60 days, showered at a public toilet, scraped my coin box to buy drinking water and could hardly afford a meal. When I sneaked home to take some instant noodles, I was told by my sister that I was a terrible daughter and that I should be paying for it. I starved for days.

Third, I was cheated by a guy and his friends, I lost all my business goods and money.

At the worst time of my life, I came across a book that I can't recall the title but it spoke to my soul. It was about fire fighter and fire lighter of our passion in life. It shared the story of an author whom was very demotivated by his mother that used to tell him that he was not doing hard work so he will never succeed in his life. He couldn't hate his mother because he loves her dearly but he wish to outgrown poverty so he made the painful move to leave his home, he reduced his time to talk to his mother until he was successful.

I wanted to be successful so that one day I can afford to spend for my mother to enjoy her life. I took a job and did everything I can to be excel at it. I changed jobs so that I can climb the corporate ladder and I wanted to learn everything to service a customer and financial management. These were the main reasons my part time business failed - poor servicing and poor financial management. Customer Experience and reading became my passion.

For almost 7 years, I study relentlessly about customer experience, read articles, attended self funded courses, learned from anyone and everyone I met at my work place. Everything became my learning portal. Now at my workplace, I am called the "painkiller".

Yes, 7 years of 16 hours per day of non stop learning is starting to pay off and it is time I take charge of my cause. I started numerous part time since April 2018 to earn passive income that includes property referral, investment in mutual funds and a part time business.

I earned nothing from property referral, investment in mutual fund would take 5-7 years to see an initial refund but I have made RM1600 in 31 days by following a flow my coach taught me.

It was not what I did not expect to work but it did!


Follow my Instagram: www.instagram.com/fitofficelady

1 comment: